1) Lay out job prior to excavation.
2) Remove all vegetation, debris or pavement.
3) Excavate soil to appropriate depth (see chart below)
4) Prep subgrade. Use gravel to level any areas if desired.
6) Lay out stakes.
For more detailed explanation of how to properly measure and place the corner stakes, click here.
NOTE: Grid can be cut with any cutting tool to any shape or size as needed to fit the job site.
7) Unpack Grid.
NOTE: If using more than one piece of Grid refer to connection instructions below.
8) Expand Load Support Grid.
For a more detailed explanation of expansion, click here.
9) Continue to add j-hooks or simply fill gravel in perimeter cells as needed to ensure proper expansion.
10) Install rebar j-hooks every 4′ – 5′ throughout the system to keep the grid pinned down.
11) Begin filling cells with infill (see chart below for specified material).
12) Machine infill.
CAUTION: DO NOT TWIST MACHINE TRACKS ON GRID.
13) Rake or blade compact the infill to specified dimensions over top of cells (see chart below for dimensions).
14) Compact infill with a plate compactor or plate tamper.
COMPLETED: Gravel-Tek installation.